Recent News from St. Andrew's, Delavan, WI

Posts tagged ‘minutes’

Parish Council Minutes 8.19.2014

 

ST. ANDREW PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

August 19, 2014

 

CALL TO ORDER:  Fr. Angel called the meeting to order at 7:35 P.M.

PRESENT: Fr. Angel, Shari Loback, Patti Soukup, Lauren Bandler, Patti Wright, Cevin Moses, Enrique Rodriguez, Dan Seuser, Paul Schmelzer, John Chovanec

ABSENT: Jim Stiles, Tom Bertrand, Tina Janssen

APPROVAL OF MINUTES: June, 2014 Parish Council minutes approved.

PASTORS REPORT:

  • DePietro Design Assoc. met with the Gathering Space Committee to discuss options/ideas.
  • Fr. Angel has hired Shelley Koch for the part-time Admin Assistant position.
  • Cindy Morales has been hired as Director of Religious Education and Administrative Assistant part-time at the school.
  • Fr. Angel’s brother has volunteered to act as the Bilingual Administrator for our Parish.
  • Fr. Angel is working closely with a company to have a statue of Saint Andrew made for placement on the altar.
  • Cemetery funding is low.   Ideas welcome on how to increase funding. (Sell lane names, one suggestion)
  • John Chovanec and Fr. Angel have been working together to create the “Let the Children Come to me” Fund, which is a tuition assistance program for parish families.   Donations will be accepted during church.

 

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES AND FINANCE– Tina Janssen:

  • Neill Flood provided a list of needs from the outside of the parish buildings.  The committee will be meeting to review needs on the inside of the buildings.  Re-striping the parking lot is the top priority and to be done shortly.  Replacing of the lot to come most likely in the next spring/summer when school is not in session.
  • Bequest of $700,000.00 (Parish) & $875,000.00 (School) has been sent to the Catholic Community Foundation for investing in our Endowment Fund.  A motion was passed that $500,000 of the school portion be maintained in the endowment fund (just as $500,000 is to be maintained in the parish endowment fund).  The income from the fund could be used to supplement future school needs.
  • Accepted offer on Robert Brown Property of $62,000 to close on August 29, 2014
  • 2014-15 Budget was approved on 7/19/14 and sent to the Archdiocese on 8/15/14.

Finance committee meetings will be changing to the 2nd Tuesday of the month beginning on September 9th.

HUMAN CONCERNS– Patti Soukup

  • Men’s Homeless Shelter is preparing for opening and in need of volunteers.

PRAYER AND WORSHIP– Paul Schmelzer

  • Liturgy for the Mass of Remembrance is scheduled for November 5th
  • Discussed inventory of liturgical supplies and there are concerns for setup of the 7:30 and 9:30 Masses.

COMMUNICATIONS– Shari Loback:

  • Shari Loback is investigating the various Robo Calling services to deliver a weekly/monthly message from Fr. Angel to parishioners.
  • ½ of the Bulletin Board in the back of Church will now be used for Parish Communications.   This will include Parish Council minutes.

 

DREAMING AND VISIONING– Patti Wright:

  • St. Andrew’s will host a Mission during Lent in 2015.  Father Ed Shea has been invited to perform the Masses.
  • The Hispanic Community has offered to host the Harvest Pot Luck this year.   The dinner is scheduled for October 19, 2014.  A full Mexican Meal will be provided but those attending will be asked to bring a beverage or dessert.
  • Women in Christ Conference is scheduled for November 1st in Milwaukee.   Theresa Watts is working on advertising for this event.
  • An Assembly of the Councils/Ministries is scheduled for October 25th at 9:00 a.m. in the school cafeteria.   The purpose of this meeting is to gather all people involved with either a committee or a ministry to talk about our individual committee/ministry goals and how we can work together to share a common goal for our Parish.
  • Dishing with the Disciples planning is underway.  October will either be Ask the Priest (Fr. Angel) or a Palium Lecture.  November will have a guest speaker from Columbia St. Mary’s in Milwaukee.  The speaker is a physician recommended by the Archdiocese who will discuss “Death and Dying” and the Catholic Church’s view on each topic.

 

SCHOOL COMMITTEE– Lauren Bandler:

  • The committee has met for the first time to kick off 2014-15 school year and discussed their goals for the year.   The goals decided upon are: Promote the school better; rate our school by benchmarking against other schools in the area; explore uniforms for students.
  • School committee meets at 6:30 p.m. on the first Wednesday of the month.

 

HISPANIC LEADERS COMMITTEE– Enrique Rodriguez:

  • Fiesta Festival is scheduled on Saturday, September 13th.  They are hopeful that the entire Parish Community attends.

 

BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS– Dan Seuser:

  • Buildings & Grounds has not met over the summer.

 

PARISH LIFE– Cevin Moses:

  • Portrait Sessions are complete however, the office is still gathering submitted photos from those that did not attend a portrait session.
  • A parish picnic was a huge success.
  • Dinners for 8 will begin in November.   Gretchen Wolfer and Giovanna Moses are heading up the organization of the program.
  • The committee is looking at starting a “Movie Night” once a month in the cafeteria following Saturday night Mass.  They would possibly offer dinner (i.e. pizza, hot dogs) along with the movie.
  • Parish Life will be meeting on the 1st Tuesday of every month at 5:30 in the rectory.   They are looking for new members.

 

OLD BUSINESS:

LIAISON ASSIGNMENTS

  • Patti Wright has been moved to Secretary of Parish Council and liaison for Human Concerns.
  • Patti Soukup will be liaison for Dreaming and Visioning/ Christian Formation

GATHERING SPACE PROJECT– Lauren Bandler:

  • Committee is still discussing the goals of the space and evaluating options.

BY-LAWS– Fr. Angel:

  • Shelley Koch will work with Paul Schmelzer and Dan Seuser to review the by-laws and identify any needed updates.

 

NEW BUSINESS:

  • Revise Mission Statement of Parish:   Fr. Angel, Cevin Moses and Shari are working to revise the St. Andrews Mission Statement. Other parishioners will be consulted upon request. Options will be presented on October 25th during the Assembly of the Councils/Ministries.
  • Strategic Planning & Audit: Tabled until next meeting due to time restraint.
  • Focus on More Community Outreach: Tabled until next meeting due to time restraint.
  • Letter to Parish & Survey:  Fr. Angel and Shari Loback are developing a letter to the parish community and a survey through Survey Monkey to evaluate the needs of our parish.
  • Phone system upgrade:  There is a need to upgrade the phone system for the parish and school to ensure calls are answered and can be easily transferred between buildings.
  • Workshop at Notre Dame:  John Chovanec reported that he, Sean Donagan and Fr. Angel recently attended a workshop at Notre Dame where they learned how to make our school more visible and gained ideas on becoming more welcoming to both English and Hispanic communities.

ADJOURNED:  A motion to adjourn by Lauren Bandler, seconded by Paul Schmelzer at 9:00 P.M.

 

RESPECTFULLY SUBMITTED

Patti Wright

Advertisements

School Committee Minutes 3.6.14

ST. ANDREW SCHOOL COMMITTEE

 

REGULAR MEETING

 

MARCH 6, 2014 – 7:00 P.M.

 

MINUTES

 

 

Members Present:        John Chovanec                           Lauren Bandler

Dr. Jeff Scherer                          Jesse Wright

Anne Foster                               Shari Loback

Cathy Gengler                            Dave Malisow

Members Absent:         Fr. Jim Schuerman

Fr. Angel Anaya

 

 

The minutes of the February 5, 2014 meeting were approved.

 

Pastor’s Report:   None

 

Principal’s Report:  The Family Note will be sent electronically on Fridays, and a paper copy will be sent out upon request.   The budget is completed. (See budget worksheet) 140 students have been budgeted.  John will follow up on a school choice meeting.  A question was brought up about what ties does St. Andrew’s have if state money is taken?

 

Teacher’s Report:   None

 

Home & School Committee:  Offering Envelopes for the children are ready for printing. Committee is paying for the envelopes.    Also discussed: Eric Szatkowski’s Dangers of the Internet Presentation; middle school drive and kindergarten information night.  Kindergarten screening will be March 26, 2014.  “Move Up Day” for kindergarten families will be June 6, 2014.

 

Technology Committee:  Grant for server.   Internet services in school are different on different floors.  Dave Malisow will check on that.

 

Athletics:   No report

 

Building & Grounds:   No report

 

Finance:  Closed Session discussion-Budget Approved by School Committee.

 

Old Business:  Addition of St. Pat’s member to School Committee

 

Brainstorm Session:  Lauren Bandler – Committee organization, i.e., finance, fundraising, communication, building & grounds, scholastic, athletics, parent-teacher group.

 

Review of By-Laws from 1992.  Members should bring ideas for changes to By-Laws to next meeting.

 

Closed Session:  Approval of budget

 

Next meeting will be April 16, 2014

 

Meeting was adjourned at 8:40 p.m.

 

 

 

Parish Council Minutes 2.18.14

                                     ST. ANDREW PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

 

TUESDAY FEBRUARY 18, 2014

 

CALL TO ORDER: Fr. Jim called the meeting to order at 7:33 P.M.

PRESENT: Fr. Jim, Shari Loback, Tina Jansen, Enrique Rodriguez, Patti Soukup, Lauren Bandler, Patty Wright and Jim Stiles.

ALSO PRESENT: Tim O’Neill

ABSENT: Fr. Angel, Tom Bertrand

APPROVAL OF MINUTES: The minutes from the January Parish Council meeting approved via E-Mail to the Council.

PASTORS REPORT: Fr. Jim stated that he would address items on the agenda

VOICE OF THE PEOPLE:

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES AND FINANCE:  Tina reported that the committee did not meet.

HUMAN CONCERNS: Fr. Jim stated that human concerns meets tomorrow, and it is St. Andrews turn to host the homeless shelter next week and that volunteers are needed.

PRAYER AND WORSHIP: Nothing to report

COMMUNICATIONS: Shari noted that she will be handing over the parish calendar to Virginia the parish secretary.

Christian Formation: Fr. Jim reported that Patty Wright will be council liaison for Christian Formation.

SCHOOL COMMITTEE: Shari reported that there are 148 students enrolled at this time and that there are 8 new kindergarten families interested for next year. She added that the Town Hall meeting will be held on March 19th at 6:30 with a presentation on the dangers of the internet for 4th thru 8th grade students.

HISPANIC LEADERS COMMITTEE: Enrique noted that Fr. Angel talked about a bilingual mass the last Sunday of the month geared toward the youth. He stated that he had applications for the men’s Emmaus retreat.

BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS: Tim O’Neil representative from buildings and grounds stated that the city fire inspector did an inspection of the church basement (food pantry); he determined that the fixtures are a fire hazard and need to be replaced. He also indicated that the outlets for the freezers should also be replaced. Tim spoke with Watt’s Electric to get an estimate for the cost of these items which came in around  $1500. and $1800. He added that the food pantry is willing to pay half of the cost of these repairs.  Tim requested that this item be taken to the next finance meeting for approval.

OLD BUSINESS:

NEXT STEPS IN FORMATION OF PARISH LIFE TEAM: Fr. Jim asked for suggestions for members of this team.

SYNOD PREPARATION: Fr. Jim stated that there is a need for representatives for the March 1, 2014 meeting to be held at St. Francis De Sales in Lake Geneva.  The following will be attending, Lauren Bandler, Fr. Jim. Fr. Angel and Jim Stiles.

COMMITTEE TO DISCUSS GATHERING SPACE: Father Jim reported that at this time the committee consists of Neil Flood, Lauren Bandler, Jim Stiles and Father Jim.

NEW BUSINESS:

NEW COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVES: Father Jim stated that the council is still in need of 3 members to replace those that have been vacated. He noted that the following committees have no council liaison, bldgs. & grounds, prayer & worship, and human concerns. Patti Soukup volunteered to be liaison for the human services committee. Father asked for nominations for council president. Father Jim moved that this item be tabled to the call of the chair at the next meeting.

OTHER: Father Jim stated that Ash Wednesday will be March 5th with Mass to be said at 7:30 & 8:30am, 5:00 & 7:00pm and distribution of ashes will be at 12:15 pm.

ADJOURNED:  A motion to adjourn by Jim Stiles, seconded by Lauren Bandler at 8:30 P. M.

RESPECTFULLY SUBMIITTED

PATTI SOUKUP

PARISH COUNCIL SECRETARY

Parish Council Minutes 1.28.14

St. Andrew Parish Council Minutes

Minutes

January 28, 2014 7:30pm Rectory basement

Meeting called by

Father Jim Schuerman

Type of meeting

Monthly Parish Council Meeting

Facilitator

Father Jim Schuerman

Note taker

Shari Loback

Timekeeper

Shari Loback

Attendees

PRESENT: Father Jim Schuerman, Patti Wright, Enrique Rodriguez, Tina Janssen, Lauren Bandler, Tom Bertrand, Shari Loback

ABSENT: Patti Soukup, Brooke Heide, Jim Stiles

 

PASTOR’S REPORT, Father Jim Schuerman: Erick Bourgeois is withdrawing from Parish Council and President for personal reasons. Laura Szatkowski (Human Concerns Representative) has also resigned from parish council for personal reasons. We welcome Patti Wright to Parish Council. She will represent Christian Formation.

Discussion: Father Jim will need to appoint replacements. 3 people are currently needed to fulfill parish council spots.

Action items

Person responsible

Deadline

Put openings in Parish Bulletin and on website. Shari Loback 2.4.14
Father Jim needs to appoint any interested people. Father Jim Schuerman 3.18.14
Patti Wright needs to attend Christian Formation Meetings Patti Wright Beg.Next Month

VOICE OF THE PEOPLE (10 MIN): None.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

v  ADMINISTRATIVE & FINANCE SERVICES, Tina Janssen: Three motions were made and approved by FC. From the bequest: –$20,000 grant to Friends of St. Andrews; –Not to exceed $14,000 for rectory kitchen renovations; –$135,000 to pay down mortgage (all these are subject to Fr. Jim and Fr. Angel’s final decision) Remainder of bequest to be used towards Parish Center. Budget presentations to start in March. Looking to form committee to explore Parish Life Center with members from Parish Council, Parish Finance, and Buildings & Grounds. Lauren Bandler has accepted the position on the Parish Life Center Committee representing Parish Council. Other members as of date Fran Schmidt, Jim Stiles and Neill Flood.

v  HUMAN CONCERNS (Need Rep), Father Jim Schuerman: 20 people using homeless shelter at this time. We need more volunteers. Father Angel has made an appeal to the parish men at Mass.

v  PRAYER & WORSHIP (Need Rep), Father Jim Schuerman: There is 1 Feast before Lent begins, Ash Wednesday March 5: The Presentation of Our Lord on February 2.

v  COMMUNICATIONS, Shari Loback: Shari has been keeping up the St. Andrew online calendar for school and parish. Would like this taken care of by parish and school secretaries to keep it more accurate and get rid of redundant work. Calendars can be printed from the website and separate ones do not need to be kept. Father Jim approved scheduling training with Virginia.

v  CHRISTIAN FORMATION (Patti Wright just appointed): No report.

v  SCHOOL COMMITTEE, Lauren Bandler: Held Open House late January. Approximately 3 new families took a tour. District 3 School Choice program will take place on February 20 at Catholic Central and several SC members, interested parents, and principal will be attending to see if there are benefits to becoming a school choice district. Looking to add a St. Patrick Parish Member to School Committee. Will be restructuring School Committee and sub-committees to improve communication and streamline processes. School computer lab completely functional and serves the largest class with a few computers to spare in case of breakdowns.

v  HISPANIC LEADERS, Enrique Rodriguez: Will be doing retreat in the summer. February 14 will be a party in school cafeteria for adults and children watched and entertained on 3rd floor.

v  BUILDINGS & GROUNDS (Need Rep): No report.

AGENDA ITEMS: OLD BUSINESS

nEXT STEPS IN FORMATION OF PARISH LIFE TEAM

FATHER JIM SCHUERMAN

Discussion

We are in need of a leader to take over the Parish Life Team. We need someone who really understands the goal and agenda of this committee.

Conclusions

Ask Parish Leaders and people involved with the Parish Life survey to make recommendations.

Action items

Person responsible

Deadline

Bring Ideas for Leadership All PC Members 3.18.14

Synod Preparation

Lauren Bandler

Discussion

All meetings have been held along with the Dishing with Disciples groups. 3 High School students needed to participate March 1 at St. Francis de Sales day-long session, can send as many as 8 people. Synod takes place in June Archdiocese-wide.

Conclusions

Contact Shelley Koch for possible H.S. Students

Action items

Person responsible

Deadline

Contact Shelley Koch for possible H.S. Students Lauren Bandler 2.28.14

Observers

Resource persons

Special notes

current parish council members

(please use as email list)

Patti Wright, Christian Formation               patricia.wright@kellyservices.com

Enrique Rodriguez, Hispanic Ministry        rodriguez.enrique40@yahoo.com

Tina Janssen, Finance                                   ztjanssen@gmail.com

Lauren Bandler, School Committee            laurenbandler@yahoo.com

Tom Bertrand, Trustee Treasurer             tpbertrand@hotmail.com

Patti Soukup, Secretary                                waterclerk@ci.delavan.wi.us

Jim Stiles, Trustee Secretary                        jimstiles40@att.net

Shari Loback, Communications                   sloback@americoncrete.com

School Committee Meeting Minutes 09.11.13

ST. ANDREW SCHOOL COMMITTEE

 

REGULAR MEETING

 

SEPTEMBER 11, 2013

 

MINUTES

Members Present:        John Chovanec                           Jesse Wright

Cathy Gengler                            Shari Loback

Fr. Jim Schuerman                     Lauren Bandler

Dave Malisow                            Jeff Scherer

Ann Foster                                 Patti Soukup-Absent

Guests:                          Deb Amici

Beth Nateghi, Becki Brusa & Jen Martin (Home & School)

Sean McKean (Building & Grounds)

Tim Ruesch (AD – Athletic)

Darlene Sturtevant & Theresa Watts (Annual Fund)

Principal John Chovanec gave his Principal’s Report.  He reported that we are in need of estimates for installing the Smart Boards from St. Pat’s.  The goal is to have a Smart Board in each class room.  13 Ipads have been ordered with the Grant Money.  Apple TV’s.    The Family Welcome Back Picnic is scheduled for Thursday, September 12, 2013.  The school will be participating in the “Soles for Catholic Education” on November 2, 2013 at Mount Mary College.  This will replace the walk-a-thon held in previous years.  Principal John is the contact person for Soles for Catholic Education for our school.    Principal John suggested an alumni activity such as a Spring Co-ed Volleyball Tournament or Bowl-a-thon, and an alumni list is needed to contact all alumni.  St. Andrew’s gained 8 students from St. Pat’s.  A Back to School Parent Night is scheduled for Wednesday, September 25, 2013 from 6:30 to 7:30 pm.

Deb Amici then gave the Teacher’s Report.  She indicated that this year was the best in-service meeting in years, as well as the best faculty meeting.   There will be a new Spanish program, and she noted that the students are happy and excited to be in school.  Principal John sent out a survey to the teachers.  Deb Amici said she would like to focus on building the curriculum in the 7th and 8th grades to make it more current.  She also talked about St. Andrew’s covenant and classroom rules.

St. Nick’s Breakfast – Jen Martin

Cathy Gengler gave the Finance report.  The school is down 5 people from what was budgeted for the school year. Our tuition revenue is short of budget by $22,000.00.  We had budgeted for 9 St. Pat’s students to attend but only 8 are enrolled which created a budget shortfall of $5,787.00.  The St. Ben’s contribution is short of budget by $7,140.00 due to 2 of their students transferring to a Lake Geneva School as their mom received a teaching position in Lake Geneva.  Also, families with 3 children have decided this year to become full-time parishioners of St. Andrew’s.  The decrease in student head count is also attributed to families moving out of the area.

Darlene Sturtevant and Theresa Watts gave a report on the Annual Fund.  The prior year’s donor list needs to be updated.  It was suggested that there be one central list for fundraising.  Other fundraising ideas mentioned were wreath sales and cook dough sales.

Becki Brusa of the Home & School Committee reported on the upcoming Welcome Back to School picnic and suggested additional events for parents and students.  What is the role of the Home & School Committee?

Athletic Director Tim Ruesch advised that 18 girls are on the volleyball team.  He would like to get the scoreboard from St. Pat’s and is talking to Ray Henderson.  Tim reported that basketball will start on November 1, 2013.

Sean McKean of the Building & Grounds Committee reported that the new hot water heater has been installed.  We have secured the Smart Boards from St. Pat’s, and we are checking into books for the classrooms.  We have received an estimate for the parking lot resurfacing of $180,000.00 including repainting the lines.  The boiler is paid for at an approximate cost of $60,000.00.  The school bell system is not working for the older grades.  Principal John is looking into the installation of the Smart Boards.

Susan O’Grady of the Technology Committee reported that 4 modems have been installed.  13 I pads have been ordered.  New computers are needed for the computer lab.

The meeting was adjourned at 9:00 p.m.

Dreaming & Visioning Committee Minutes: June 11, 2013

Matt 10:7-13

The apostles and disciples Jesus chose were ordinary people with the mission to spread his Good News in all the world.  Jesus knew well how egos, power, clothing, possessions, could and would influence their actions.  So Jesus ordered them to strip themselves of everything except the bare essentials.  They left behind the trappings and the security of their former lives and, in the name of Jesus, went out into the world.  Devoid of all selfishness, the work of the disciples and apostles surrounded the Cornerstone and completed the sound foundation for Christianity.

Through the New Testament and documented history, we know of the lives of men and women who also were able to obediently follow the instructions of Jesus, became saints, and established God’s earthly Kingdom.  We also know of countless men and women who were not able to deny themselves to leave their biases and trappings behind, as they pretended to live, speak and act on behalf of Jesus and religion.  The results were disastrous in the individuals’ lives, the communities,’ and the church’s.

How do we know today how closely we are following the instructions of Jesus?  There is only one metric – it is our heart.  Through our intellect we know that the use of our time, talent, and treasure provides an outwardly, observable behavior pattern.  Through our heart we know the genuineness of our Love for God and our neighbors.  So let us be grateful to God for setting our hearts on the higher gift.  Let us thank God for our dying to the self and for our new life in Jesus Christ, his Son and our Lord, who came to serve and who asks the same of us.

Notes for the June 11, 2013 Dreaming/Visioning session

In Attendance:

Pastor and/or Associate Pastor: Jim

Parish Counselors: Theresa, Tom

Parish School:

Christian Formation: Deacon Phil, Al

Parish Life: Cevin

At Large: Brook

The meeting began with Mass in church and prayer in the upper room.  Scripture was from the Gospel of the day.  The dialogue question dealt with how the trappings of our lives interfere with our mission.

The topical discussion began with Father Jim sharing with us the names of the new principal and the Pastoral musician (John and Brian).  Leslie will be the Administrator of the Hispanic program with the volunteers running the Sunday am sessions.  The Trustee and PC positions are also filled.

Cevin has begun to work on getting people to join the Parish Life committee.  Getting new members for D/V will be a secondary priority.

With the new principal on board, perhaps we can reconsider our preliminary decision on not having the prayer tree this year.

Letter writing to people in prison; Deacon Phil reported his findings.  The prison’s policy allows unsealed letters to be received by the inmates.  The letters would be matched to the inmates by a pastoral person.  Care must be used to keep the source of the letters untraceable.  The suggestion was made that we would consider writing a few times each year, particularly around the holidays.

Pallium Lecture will kick off the DWTD series.  Recommendation was made to have periodic reminders in the bulleting for people to get it on their calendars.  Al to ask Patty to make that happen.

Thank you to Mass servers – the graduates, who were Mass servers, got a certificate of recognition with their graduating diploma.  The suggestion was made to perhaps have a tri-parish picnic for all of the servers once a year to honor them and to thank them.

Birthday call to parishioners – no progress.  Father Jim shared that he gets a call from the Archbishop on his birthday.

With a new principal on board, Patty can pursue the idea of presenting one (or more) of Chris Stephanic’s videos to the school parent association.

Ditto for the food pantry – grocery bag idea

Theresa has a supposedly viable list of newcomers.  She will update the ministry booklet and have it produced for the parish.  The parish will send a welcoming newcomer’s packet to the people on her list.  Invitations to the parish festival and the Harvest dinner will be included.  Theresa was to check with Patty and come up with a date for the later.

Tom handed out information about a diet based on Scriptural principles.  If there is enough interest and people to help Tom, he would be interested in presenting this 14 week series.

The July 16 PC meeting will be with St Pats with the opportunity to start collaborating with that parish.

Wayne and Judy Rolfs have offered to present a program to St Andrew.  D/V OK’d their request.  Al to relay that message to Wayne.

Late in the meeting we talked about a farewell for Father and a welcoming for Father Angel on the last Sunday in June.  Coffee and doughnuts in the cafeteria after the 9:30 Mass.

Next Meeting August 13, 2013

Meeting closed with the prayer for parish Life, a song and a blessing.

May our love for our triune God be a never ending source of energy and desire to bring the Good News to our community.

June 2013 School Committee Minutes

ST. ANDREW SCHOOL COMMITTEE

 

JUNE 5, 2013 – 6:00 p.m.

 

MINUTES

 

Members Present:        Jesse Wright                               Jeff Scherer

                                       Dave Malisow                            Julie Kadrich

                                       Shari Loback                              Fr. Jim Schuerman

                                       Cathy Gengler                            Lauren Bandler

                                       Ann Foster

 

Members Absent:         Patti Soukup           

                                      

 

The meeting was called to order and the minutes of the May 1, 2013 School Committee meeting were unanimous approved.

 

Discussion of Tuition/Employee Policy – approval?

 

The Pastor’s Report was then given by Fr. Jim.   Fr. Jim thanked Julie Kadrich for her service as Principal of St. Andrew’s.  Julie will be leaving on July 1, 2013 for her new position in Chicago.

 

Fr. Jim stated that he will continue as Pastor of St. Andrew’s and St. Francis de Sales in Lake Geneva.  Fr. Jim will be switching his living arrangements and moving into the rectory at St. Francis on June 12, 2013.   Fr. Anaya will be living at the St. Andrew’s Rectory and will share duties with Fr. Jim.  There will not be an associate at St. Francis.

 

Janel Karsten submitted the Teacher’s Report.  Our music teacher, Georgia Ramthun, will be leaving and she made her announcement to her students.  Our interim gym teacher, Ryan Fritz, will be offered the gym teacher position. We will share Mr. Fritz with St. Francis. He will work 50% for St. Andrews and 50% for St. Francis.

 

 

Under Old Business, the Committee will go into a closed session regarding the principal search.  Thereafter, new school committee member, Ann Foster, was introduced and welcomed.  Ann has a 4th grader and 7th grader attending St. Andrew’s, and is a teacher with the Lake Geneva public schools.  It was noted that the St. Nick’s Breakfast is in need of a chairperson. 

 

Under New Business, the Committee will go into a closed session regarding finance matters.

 

Becki Brusa submitted a report to Julie Kadrich on Home and School and advised that a social for incoming St. Pat’s students and St. Andrew’s mentors has been set up for June 24, 2013. A Fall family barbecue was discussed.  All families’ transition.   The Committee was advised that Tim Ruesch will continue in his role as athletic director.

 

Sean McKean submitted a report to Julie Kadrich on the Buildings & Grounds and advised the Committee that all locks for the school have been re-keyed.   A window between the church and school has been fixed and the boiler issue was also discussed.  Parishioners have been asked to consider donating for the boiler.   It was suggested that a “progress board” be erected to show updates on the boiler fund.   

 

It was noted that the Tour de Tech will be held on June 22, 2013 with a 50/50 raffle and bike t-shirts.

 

Susan O’Grady of the Tech Committee submitted a report advising of a $5,000.00 grant from Pentair.   Five (5) wireless routers will be installed in June.  The remainder of the funds will be used for Ipad Carts and smart projectors.   A color printer was donated by Tom at Cartridge World. 

 

The Committee was advised that Ryan Fritz, our interim gym teacher, will be offered the part-time gym teacher position this coming year.  He will also be the part time gym teacher for St. Francis.    Brian Wrightson will be the new music teacher and will also be the Director of Liturgical Music, a shared position with St. Pat’s.   We will be posting a position for a Spanish teacher.

 

There will be meetings of the School Committee throughout the summer months given the issues at hand regarding the Principal and accreditation issues.  

 

It was suggested that a “School Recruiting Booth” be set up at the Festival where information and questions could be answered about St. Andrew’s.    Shari Loback will be coordinating a float for the 4th of July parade on which it will be stated that more information about St. Andrew’s Parish School will be available at the Festival. 

 

The Committee members reviewed the survey results and Lauren Bandler will email out an interpretation of the data. 

 

The principal search is down to two (2) candidates, John and William.  It has been more than 30 years since St. Andrew’s has had a male figure as principal.  John resigned his position as he had concerns over teaching positions.  He has extensive reference.   A possible decision could be made this week and a possible introduction at Mass.

The meeting was adjourned at 7:33 p.m.

Tag Cloud