Recent News from St. Andrew's, Delavan, WI

Archive for June, 2014

Parish Council Minutes 6.17.2014

ST. ANDREW PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

June 17, 2014

 

CALL TO ORDER:  Fr. Angel called the meeting to order at 7:35 P.M.

PRESENT: Fr. Jim, Fr. Angel, Tina Janssen, Lauren Bandler, Shari Loback, Patti Wright, Cevin Moses, Jim Stiles, Enrique Rodriguez, Dan Seuser, Paul Schmelzer.

ABSENT: Patti Soukup,Tom Bertrand

APPROVAL OF MINUTES: May, 2014 Parish Council minutes approved.

PASTORS REPORT:

  • DePietro Design Assoc. met with the Gathering Space Committee to discuss options/ideas.
  • Fr. Angel is in need of a part time Admin Assistant to help with Database Administration and general Admin Duties.
  • Fr. Angel is now the full time Pastor at St. Andrews and Fr. Jim is now full time at St. Francis.

 

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES AND FINANCE– Tina Janssen:

  • Balanced budget for 2014-15 has been approved by Finance and submitted to Parish Council.   Approval by Parish Council is expected to occur by June 20, 2014.
  • Approvals of Robert Brown funeral and admin expenses have been approved.
  • A campus planning initiative is underway with Sean McKean, Neill Flood, and Dan Seuser to determine all capital improvement needs and the priority in which they should be done.
  • Review of Finance Council Guidelines going into place as of July 1st.  The terms of all members have been realigned and are now staggered so that the max of service is no more than 4 years.

 

HUMAN CONCERNS

  • Fr. Jim reported the homeless shelter is now closed for the summer months.

PRAYER AND WORSHIP

  • Paul Schmelzer has been appointed as liaison to Prayer and Worship.   He will attend July’s Prayer & Worship Meeting and provide report at next Parish Council Meeting.

COMMUNICATIONS– Shari Loback:

  • Looking at expanding the Web Page and have it become more interactive.   Possibly stream Mass or replay the Masses on a weekly basis?
  • Shari also reported that although we already have a blog, we need to utilize it more.  Possibly have “guest-bloggers”.

 

DREAMING AND VISIONING– Patti Wright:

  • The committee is looking at starting a “Movie Night” once a month in the cafeteria.  They would possibly offer dinner (i.e. pizza, hot dogs) along with the movie.
  • Pre-planning for St. Andrew’s to host a Mission in the spring of 2015 is underway.  Themes are still being discussed.
  • The Hispanic Community has offered to host the Harvest Pot Luck this year.   The dinner is scheduled for October 19, 2014.  A full Mexican Meal will be provided but those attending will be asked to bring a beverage or dessert.
  • PBJ Lenten Project was a success. Our Food Pantry received over 200 jars of Peanut Butter and 200 of Jelly.  Many thanks to those that donated.

 

SCHOOL COMMITTEE– Lauren Bandler:

  • Lauren Bandler has been voted new Chairperson for School Committee, replacing Jesse Wright.
  • Four new members have been appointed:  Ed Clair, Hollie Lefel, Katie Duckworth, Sheila Ventiecher.
  • School Committee thanks:  Jess Wright, Jeff Scherer, Cathy Gengler and Shari Loback for their service.
  • The school has recently received a new computer server donated by Steve Fettig.
  • The dress code is being revised for next school year.
  • School is looking for an Athletic Director.   An idea is to have 2 volunteers split the duties.
  • The school would like to focus on 3 services projects for the 2014-15 year.   Ideas are still being discussed.
  • A replacement for Lisa Quartucci has been hired.
  • Tour ‘D Tec was a success, thanks to Susan O’Grady for heading this important fundraiser.

 

HISPANIC LEADERS COMMITTEE– Enrique Rodriguez:

  • Taco Stand at Parish Festival will contain Chimichangas on Friday evening.
  • Sunday English classes have seized for summer. However, they will continue on Mondays and Thursdays through the summer.

 

BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS

  • Fr. Jim reported that one of the boilers in the church is in need of repair.
  • Dan Seuser has been appointed as liaison to Buildings & Grounds.   He will attend July’s Meeting and provide report at next Parish Council Meeting.

 

PARISH LIFE– Cevin Moses:

  • Portrait Sessions were a huge success, 2 more dates have now been added.   Lifetouch will be here again on June 27 and 28.
  • A parish picnic is being planned for August 17, 2014 at Veteran’s Park.
  • Dinners for 8 will begin in November.   Gretchen Wolfer and Giovanna Moses are heading up the organization of the program.
  • Parish Life will be meeting on the 1st Tuesday of every month at 5:30 in the rectory.   They are looking for new members.

 

OLD BUSINESS:

Voting on new chair person.

  • By unanimous vote, Shari Loback has been voted as new Parish Council chair person.

Liaison assignments

  • Dan Seuser has been appointed to Buildings and Grounds; Paul Schmelzer has appointed to Prayer and Worship; Patti Wright has been moved to Secretary of Parish Council.
  • The following committees need Parish Council representation:

o   Dreaming and Visioning/ RCIA

o   Human Concerns

Gathering space project– Lauren Bandler and Jim Stiles:

  • Committee has met and are discussing options.

By-laws– Fr. Angel

  • Committee is being formed to discuss submitting by-laws to archdiocese.

Gardening project (By Andrew Leitzke)

  • Andrew provided update of his Eagle Scout Project.

o   Provided design and repair options

o   Andrew will speak to Lynn Treutal

SYNOD– Lauren Bandler

  • Synod was attended by Lauren Bandler, Fr. Jim and Deacon Phil.
  • Over 500 delegates were in attendance.
  • All delegates were asked to provide feedback on where there is room for growth within the church.  This information was submitted to the Archdiocese.

 

NEW BUSINESS:

  • Father will perform a review of parish employees’ job description and performance evaluation in fall.
  • Joined parish councils (Elkhorn):

i.      Annual picnic scheduled on July 16th, 2014 in Elkhorn

  • Cemetery funding:

i.      Funding is low.   Ideas welcome on how to increase funding

  • Administrative Assistant (process of selection and possible candidates):

i.      PT Admin Assistant needed

  • Survey Monkey:

i.      Survey to be sent out to Parish Community in the Fall

 

ADJOURNED:  A motion to adjourn by Tina Janssen, seconded by Paul Schmelzer at 9:35 P.M.

 

RESPECTFULLY SUBMITTED

Patti Wright

Advertisements

Parish Council Meeting 3.18.14

                                     ST. ANDREW PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

 

TUESDAY MARCH 18, 2014

 

CALL TO ORDER: Fr. Jim called the meeting to order at 7:33 P.M.

PRESENT: Fr. Jim, Shari Loback, Tina Jansen, Enrique Rodriguez, Patti Soukup, Tom Bertrand, Patty Wright, Jim Stiles, Kevin Moses, and Fr. Angel.

ALSO PRESENT: Andrew Leitzke (Eagle Scout), and Principal John Chovanec

ABSENT: Lauren Bandler

APPROVAL OF MINUTES: The minutes from the February Parish Council meeting approved by Tom Bertrand and seconded by Jim Stiles.

PASTORS REPORT: Fr. Jim stated that Holy Week will soon be here and schedules will be busy.

VOICE OF THE PEOPLE: Parish member Andrew Leitzke (Eagle Scout) asked permission of the council to do some landscaping around the Church ramp as a project for scouting.

Tom Bertrand moved, seconded by Patti Soukup and unanimously approved to allow Andrew to do the landscaping.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES AND FINANCE:  Tina reported that the Parish budget work has begun and that the school has been putting numbers together for their budget.

Principle Jon Chovanec reported that the parish school will be losing 7 students for the 2014-2015 school year and that insurance premiums had increased therefore he is requesting some funding from the parish to meet the needs of the parish school.

HUMAN CONCERNS: Patti S. reported that the meeting for March had been canceled.

PRAYER AND WORSHIP: Nothing to report

COMMUNICATIONS: Shari noted that web site had been down all day and nothing of substance to report.

Christian Formation: Patti W. noted that there is some concern regarding lack of servers for mass. She added the deaf ministries will have 2 interpreters present for confirmation. The Hispanic confirmation was 2 weeks ago. The group is looking into participating next year at Camp Edwards for leaders. It was discussed of trading off every other year for the Harvest Dinner and Parish Pot Luck. The men of Christ retreat went very well, it was noted that a possible Lenten project of writing letters to prisoners be considered. She noted that Dreaming & Visioning committee talked about making Baptizing Packages , this was also talked about at Home & Scholl committee meeting.

SCHOOL COMMITTEE: Shari reported that an electronic family newsletter will go out on Fridays. The town Hall meeting will be tomorrow night Wednesday March 17th, with a presentation by Eric Zatkowski in the “dangers of the internet”. There will be a Latino enrollment initiative workshop to be held in July and the Arch Diocese Chose St Andrews as a representative.

HISPANIC LEADERS COMMITTEE: Enrique reported that there are several events taking place, 2nd weekend in April a retreat for men in Sheboygan, this coming weekend in Lake Geneva and a Confirmation retreat April 4th & 5th, he also noted that Good Friday there will be a Living Way of the Cross at 6:00 p.m…

BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS: Nothing to report

OLD BUSINESS:

NEXT STEPS IN FORMATION OF PARISH LIFE TEAM: Kevin Moses reported that the Parish Life Team consists of Hesperus Spooner, Karen Seeman, Jim Loback, Monica Damrow, and Kathy Lietzke. The 3 main categories of discussion and action will be Dreaming & Visioning, Stewardship and Community. It was noted that Jovan Moses wants to head up a “Dinner for Eight” every year with confirmation students.

Principal Chovanec, inquired about the usage of the School gym to outside organizations and costs to them for using the gym.

NEW BUSINESS:

NEW COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVES: Father Angel reported that there were 3 individuals who are interested. There are 3 positions to be filled, and terms that will be ending in June, these will be discussed at next meeting.

NET PARISH COUNCIL MEETING: Due to the regular meeting date falling during the last week in Lent the Parish Council meeting for April will be held on April 22nd.

ADJOURNED:  A motion to adjourn by Tina Janssen, seconded by Shari Loback at 9:11 P. M.

RESPECTFULLY SUBMIITTED

PATTI SOUKUP

PARISH COUNCIL SECRETARY

Parish Council Minutes 2.18.14

                                     ST. ANDREW PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

 

TUESDAY FEBRUARY 18, 2014

 

CALL TO ORDER: Fr. Jim called the meeting to order at 7:33 P.M.

PRESENT: Fr. Jim, Shari Loback, Tina Jansen, Enrique Rodriguez, Patti Soukup, Lauren Bandler, Patty Wright and Jim Stiles.

ALSO PRESENT: Tim O’Neill

ABSENT: Fr. Angel, Tom Bertrand

APPROVAL OF MINUTES: The minutes from the January Parish Council meeting approved via E-Mail to the Council.

PASTORS REPORT: Fr. Jim stated that he would address items on the agenda

VOICE OF THE PEOPLE:

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES AND FINANCE:  Tina reported that the committee did not meet.

HUMAN CONCERNS: Fr. Jim stated that human concerns meets tomorrow, and it is St. Andrews turn to host the homeless shelter next week and that volunteers are needed.

PRAYER AND WORSHIP: Nothing to report

COMMUNICATIONS: Shari noted that she will be handing over the parish calendar to Virginia the parish secretary.

Christian Formation: Fr. Jim reported that Patty Wright will be council liaison for Christian Formation.

SCHOOL COMMITTEE: Shari reported that there are 148 students enrolled at this time and that there are 8 new kindergarten families interested for next year. She added that the Town Hall meeting will be held on March 19th at 6:30 with a presentation on the dangers of the internet for 4th thru 8th grade students.

HISPANIC LEADERS COMMITTEE: Enrique noted that Fr. Angel talked about a bilingual mass the last Sunday of the month geared toward the youth. He stated that he had applications for the men’s Emmaus retreat.

BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS: Tim O’Neil representative from buildings and grounds stated that the city fire inspector did an inspection of the church basement (food pantry); he determined that the fixtures are a fire hazard and need to be replaced. He also indicated that the outlets for the freezers should also be replaced. Tim spoke with Watt’s Electric to get an estimate for the cost of these items which came in around  $1500. and $1800. He added that the food pantry is willing to pay half of the cost of these repairs.  Tim requested that this item be taken to the next finance meeting for approval.

OLD BUSINESS:

NEXT STEPS IN FORMATION OF PARISH LIFE TEAM: Fr. Jim asked for suggestions for members of this team.

SYNOD PREPARATION: Fr. Jim stated that there is a need for representatives for the March 1, 2014 meeting to be held at St. Francis De Sales in Lake Geneva.  The following will be attending, Lauren Bandler, Fr. Jim. Fr. Angel and Jim Stiles.

COMMITTEE TO DISCUSS GATHERING SPACE: Father Jim reported that at this time the committee consists of Neil Flood, Lauren Bandler, Jim Stiles and Father Jim.

NEW BUSINESS:

NEW COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVES: Father Jim stated that the council is still in need of 3 members to replace those that have been vacated. He noted that the following committees have no council liaison, bldgs. & grounds, prayer & worship, and human concerns. Patti Soukup volunteered to be liaison for the human services committee. Father asked for nominations for council president. Father Jim moved that this item be tabled to the call of the chair at the next meeting.

OTHER: Father Jim stated that Ash Wednesday will be March 5th with Mass to be said at 7:30 & 8:30am, 5:00 & 7:00pm and distribution of ashes will be at 12:15 pm.

ADJOURNED:  A motion to adjourn by Jim Stiles, seconded by Lauren Bandler at 8:30 P. M.

RESPECTFULLY SUBMIITTED

PATTI SOUKUP

PARISH COUNCIL SECRETARY

Parish Council Minutes 5.20.14

ST. ANDREW PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

TUESDAY, MAY 20, 2014

 

CALL TO ORDER:  Fr. Jim called the meeting to order at 7:35 P.M.

PRESENT: Fr. Jim, Tina Janssen, Lauren Bandler, Tom Bertrand, Patti Wright, Cevin Moses, Fr. Angel, Dan Seuser.

ABSENT: Shari Loback, Enrique Rodriguez, Patti Soukup, Jim Stiles, Paul Schmelzer

APPROVAL OF MINUTES: The approval of minutes from the April Parish Council meeting were postponed until the June meeting.

PASTORS REPORT: Fr. Jim stated that a combined confirmation ceremony between St. Andrews, St. Francis and the Deaf Community took place.  Spanish confirmation is May 29th.  First communion ceremonies also took place in May.  8th Grade graduation will be at mass on June 5th.  Fr. Nate was ordained on May 17th at St. Frances Cabrini in West Bend.   Fr. Angel stated the Hispanic community has a folklore dance group name Tonanzin that performed recently.  They have put in much effort over a year of practicing and will continue to do performances for fundraising events and for Our Lady of Guadalupe.  The Hispanic community will also take on this year’s organization of the Parish Fall Harvest dinner.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES AND FINANCE:  Tina reported that the parish received a third bequest.  The outstanding balance on the mortgage has been paid off with the use of some of the bequest funds to eliminate any additional interest expense being incurred.   A portion of the funds will be invested with the Catholic Community Foundation as discernment takes place regarding how the funds will best be utilized.  The generosity of the three donors who have left bequests over the last year are being highlighted at the Memorial Day weekend masses along with a bulletin insert.

The budget for fiscal year 2014-2015 is still being finalized and will likely be approved at the June finance committee meeting.

HUMAN CONCERNS: Fr. Jim reported the homeless shelter is closed for the summer months.  They experienced a much higher number of people this year due to the harsh weather.  Approx. 20 people per night versus past years of 12 – 13.

PRAYER AND WORSHIP: No report

COMMUNICATIONS: No report

CHRISTIAN FORMATION: No report

SCHOOL COMMITTEE: Lauren reported four new people will be need for next year as Jess Wright, Jeff Scherer, Cathy Gengler and Shari Loback will be finishing there terms of service.  The dress code and bylaws are being revised for next school year.  140 students are expected for next year.

HISPANIC LEADERS COMMITTEE: See Fr. Angel’s comments under Pastors Report

BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS: The air conditioner is being tested and a second quote is being obtained for a new unit.

PARISH LIFE:  Cevin reported the first Parish Life meeting was May 9th.  Approval of a vision statement was made.  The Parish Directory photos will be taking place June 2nd, 3rd, 16th and 17th.  The Parish Life committee is still in need of both Hispanic and Deaf community representation.  “Dinner for 8” is a new fellowship effort that will be starting soon.  A farewell coffee and donut social will take place to thank Fr. Jim on June 15th after the 9:30 and 11:30 masses.  A parish picnic is being discussed for some time in August.

OLD BUSINESS:

COMMITTEE TO DISCUSS GATHER SPACE:  Lauren reported the first meeting focused on developing a list of all the needs required by the new gather space.  A meeting will take place with Russ DePietro to investigate structural concerns some have with using the old garage space as a starting point.

NEW BUSINESS:

BYLAWS:  Parish Council bylaws need to be reviewed and updated.

PARISH LEADERSHIP:  Transition between Fr. Angel and Fr. Jim will take place on June 17th as Fr. Jim becomes full time pastor at St. Francis and Fr. Angel becomes Parish Administrator at St. Andrews.

ADJOURNED:  A motion to adjourn by Cevin Moses, seconded by Patti Wright at 8:50 P.M.

 

RESPECTFULLY SUBMITTED

Tina Janssen

School Committee Minutes 4.16.14

ST. ANDREW SCHOOL COMMITTEE

 

REGULAR MEETING

 

GEORGE ALDER SMART ROOM

 

APRIL 16, 2014 – 7:00 P.M.

 

MINUTES

 

 

Members Present:        Dr. Jeff Scherer                          Lauren Bandler

Shari Loback                              Jesse Wright

Cathy Gengler                            Dave Malisow

Anne Foster

John Chovanec

Members Absent:         Fr. Jim Schuerman

Fr. Angel Anaya

 

The minutes of the March 13, 2014 meeting were approved.

 

Public Comment/Concern:  None

 

Pastor’s Report:   None

 

Principal’s Report:  See handout.

 

Newsletter:  Add a possible 2nd email address making newsletter more accessible.  Tuition Payment Agreement to go out with newsletter the week of April 21st.

 

Middle School/Jr. High math teacher is needed.

 

Prayer Tree – parents may have the option to opt out.

 

Jesse Wright:  Iowa test results – notice of results?  Compare to Public-WKCE Test.

 

EZ CBM Testing – Started last year.  If decided to continue with, parents need results.

 

Teachers Report:  None

 

Finance Committee:  Teacher’s portion of budget for contracts approved.  $70,000.00 of budget under review by Finance Committee.  Health insurance went down $4,000.00.  Raising Walk-A-Thon amount up to $5,000.00.

 

Home & School Committee:   Atomic clocks for every classroom paid for by Home & School Committee.

 

Athletics:  Sports banquet will be held on April 30, 2014.  Athletic Director search has begun.

 

Building & Grounds Committee:  More wood chips are needed for playground.  Work beginning on 3rd floor of school.  Bid for parking lot resurface being reviewed.

 

Technology Committee:   Grant for Pentair written for new server.  Completed by Traci Dewey.  Working on tech plan for next five years.  Tour de Tech is set.

 

Old Business:  Openings on School Committee for next school year to replace Shari Loback and Cathy Gengler.

 

New Business:   Need to set June Meeting.  Committee began review of By-Laws and job descriptions.  Committee reviewed By-Laws at this session.  Jesse Wright to make changes.

 

Closed Session – not necessary.

 

Meeting was adjourned at 9:07 p.m.

 

 

School Committee Minutes 3.6.14

ST. ANDREW SCHOOL COMMITTEE

 

REGULAR MEETING

 

MARCH 6, 2014 – 7:00 P.M.

 

MINUTES

 

 

Members Present:        John Chovanec                           Lauren Bandler

Dr. Jeff Scherer                          Jesse Wright

Anne Foster                               Shari Loback

Cathy Gengler                            Dave Malisow

Members Absent:         Fr. Jim Schuerman

Fr. Angel Anaya

 

 

The minutes of the February 5, 2014 meeting were approved.

 

Pastor’s Report:   None

 

Principal’s Report:  The Family Note will be sent electronically on Fridays, and a paper copy will be sent out upon request.   The budget is completed. (See budget worksheet) 140 students have been budgeted.  John will follow up on a school choice meeting.  A question was brought up about what ties does St. Andrew’s have if state money is taken?

 

Teacher’s Report:   None

 

Home & School Committee:  Offering Envelopes for the children are ready for printing. Committee is paying for the envelopes.    Also discussed: Eric Szatkowski’s Dangers of the Internet Presentation; middle school drive and kindergarten information night.  Kindergarten screening will be March 26, 2014.  “Move Up Day” for kindergarten families will be June 6, 2014.

 

Technology Committee:  Grant for server.   Internet services in school are different on different floors.  Dave Malisow will check on that.

 

Athletics:   No report

 

Building & Grounds:   No report

 

Finance:  Closed Session discussion-Budget Approved by School Committee.

 

Old Business:  Addition of St. Pat’s member to School Committee

 

Brainstorm Session:  Lauren Bandler – Committee organization, i.e., finance, fundraising, communication, building & grounds, scholastic, athletics, parent-teacher group.

 

Review of By-Laws from 1992.  Members should bring ideas for changes to By-Laws to next meeting.

 

Closed Session:  Approval of budget

 

Next meeting will be April 16, 2014

 

Meeting was adjourned at 8:40 p.m.

 

 

School Committee 6.4.14

ST. ANDREW SCHOOL COMMITTEE

 

REGULAR MEETING

 

GEORGE ALDER SMART ROOM

 

june 4, 2014 – 7:40 P.M.

 

MINUTES

 

 

Members Present:        Jesse Wright                               Lauren Bandler

John Chovanec                           Fr. Jim Schuerman                                    Dave Malisow                                        Shari Loback

Anne Foster                               Deb Amici (guest)

Members Absent:         Dr. Jeff Scherer

Cathy Gengler

 

New Members:             Mike Heindselman

Katie Duckworth

Hollie Lefel

Ed Clair

Sheila Venteicher

Pastor’s Report:   As of June 17, 2014, Fr. Jim will be handing over the Administrator Duties to Fr. Angel.  Fr. Jim has been at St. Andrew’s for 5 years.

 

Principal’s Report: (see handout) New Computer Server being installed over the summer.  Latino initiative – Notre Dame University- to be attended by Fr. Angel, Mr. Donagan and Principal Chovanec.   Prayer Tree.-Fall 2014.   Accreditation – Sue Nelson, Archdiocese Curriculum Audit.  Accreditation visit in October of 2015.  2 representatives of the School Committee should be present on date of audit to answer questions.   Interviews of teachers for the math position will take place middle of June.

 

Teachers’ Report:  A watch was purchased from Utiger’s for Lisa Quartucci.   The Dress Code is being revised.   Rules regarding parking & picking up of students at dismissal time need to be adhered to, Amendment in handbook?

 

Finance Committee:   No report.

 

Home & School Committee: Presenting Yellow Rose Bush/Vase to Lisa Quartucci. Atomic Clock- Fundraisers at Little Caesars and Possibly Culvers.

 

Athletics:  Tim will not be the AD next year.  Possible shared position between 2 people.

 

Technology Committee:   New Computer Server donated by Steve Fettig.  Tour de Tech was a success.

 

Old Business:    New committee members were introduced.  Possible tour of school to see technology progress? School Committee Meeting encouraged for summer, to discuss and amend By-Laws, if changes are necessary.

 

New business:  Financial gift to school-Impact?

 

Meeting was adjourned. 8:45PM

 

School Committee Minutes 5.7.14

ST. ANDREW SCHOOL COMMITTEE

 

REGULAR MEETING

 

GEORGE ALDER SMART ROOM

 

MAY 7, 2014 – 7:00 P.M.

 

MINUTES

 

 

Members Present:        Dr. Jeff Scherer                          Cathy Gengler

John Chovanec                           Lauren Bandler                                         Dave Malisow                                        Deb Amici (guest)

Jesse Wright

Members Absent:         Fr. Jim Schuerman

Fr. Angel Anaya

Anne Foster

Shari Loback

The minutes of the April 16, 2014 meeting were approved.

 

New Business:  Fundraising for the Washington D.C. Trip should be run through the School Committee.

 

Pastor’s Report:   None

 

Principal’s Report:    School Calendar was released.  St. Andrew’s will have no early release like the public schools.  Discussion regarding a children’s Mass at St. Pat’s – Lauren will pursue.  We are accepting resumes for a middle school teacher through 5/15/14.

 

Teacher’s Report:  Deb Amici is the Teacher Rep. for School Committee Meetings A second reading of the dress code and a discussion followed.  All students are to wear shirts with collars to Mass?  Students will wear School Polos to Mass.   Lisa Quartuccci will be recognized at a School Mass and will be presented with a gift.

 

Finance Committee:   Parish is reviewing the School Budget.  April Financial Statements to be reviewed.  Short of budget $10,000.00 – $12,000.00.

 

Home & School Committee:   Anne Foster – reorganize and look at committees.

 

Athletics:  Banquet was held and participants received letter and pin.

 

Building & Grounds Committee:  No update.

 

Technology Committee:   Tour de Tech.  Possible donor for computer server.

 

Old Business: School Committee Election update.  Notice going into bulletin & ballots.  There are 5 applicants. Members not returning: Jesse Wright, Dr. Jeff Scherer, Shari Loback

& Cathy Gengler.  Review of School By-Laws & Constitution.  John will check on guidelines of Archdiocese School Board.  Over the summer – alignment of school sub-committees.  Minimum of 9 School Committee Members – Maximum of 11.?  Division of sub-committees to be discussed at June meeting.

 

Meeting was adjourned.

From the Pastor’s Desk 6.22.14

June 21-22, 2014

Dear Sisters and Brothers:

This is officially my first Sunday as your pastor, and I’m so excited to be here for each of you, and once more, I want to remind you that you can count on my love and support for you and for the good of our parish as a whole. Up to this day, I have felt so loved and supported by you, something for which I’m very grateful. I trust that with your help and the Lord’s, we will make of this parish community a real welcoming place for everyone. Putting to work our talents, time and treasure, we will see our parish grow in numbers and commitment for the salvation of souls.

Let’s talk a bit about the feast we celebrate today, CORPUS CHRISTI.  We remember that our Lord Jesus Christ gave himself  for us in his body, soul and divinity, not only at the cross 2000 years ago, but every day when we receive Him in the greatest mystery of our Church: THE MOST HOLY EUCHARIST!

And this is a big mystery. Before He went up to heaven, he said to His disciples: “I will be with you always until the end of the ages,”  trying to say with this, that He literarily will be with us to nourish and sustain our lives. I want to invite you to be grateful for this wondrous mystery of God’s love who so desperately love His children that decided to stay with us so humble and simple as a little piece of Bread.

God’s Blessings,

Father Angel Anaya

 

 

Link

John Damrow Chosen as Outstanding Senior

John Damrow Chosen as Outstanding Senior

Tag Cloud